Monday, March 3, 2008


We have done it!! We have hit £2000 for Brathay! This was the initial target for each runner to raise. So I have now raised the bar to £3000!!
A few people have been asking to see the training schedule for the last 10 weeks. This is the schedule as it currently sits, but it does change all the time to fit in with work, family commitments etc. I am running in the Paris Marathon and London Marathon respectively, so that is the 2 x 26 mile runs w/c 31st March and 7th April.
I am struggling to work out the taper at the end of the training as my legs will need to rest. So I think I may well drop the mileage w/c 21st April, but I am still taking advice on this.
The training is getting hard now, late nights, alcohol, wrong food will all throw training to pieces so I am trying to be as disciplined as possible. Ran a very bad 20 on Saturday because i did not prepare correctly on Friday; so a valuable lesson learnt, which I guess is what training is for!
Thanks again for all your support and hopefully will try and get a video up on the blog later this week.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally and utterly awesome! This one is certainly going to hurt!!