Thursday, March 20, 2008

A second chance



Every Morning my eyes open shut
As the aches creak to the side of the bed
The darkness waits through the Glass
As I think of the reality ahead


As the cold air hits, the body turns left
Back on the morning run
A familiar face; four bends and a turn
Then the orange of the morning sun

Each Muscle wakes one by one
And some not until the hill
But as I climb and watch my breath
My thoughts remain ever still

Imagine a life with nowhere to turn
The friends you know are not
You burn a car or lie on your back
This is the life you’ve got….

The systems failed, whatever that is
For your life is not a dance
A 4 letter badge stamped on your heart
Your genies wish; A Chance..

I can’t believe we are in this mess
These children need our love
They walk our streets and know our names
But who wants to be a Dove?

I turn off the beach and head for home
Four hugs await me there
Two worlds collide to raise some hope
To change that vacant stare

Let’s give these children a second chance
We can all start again
The deal is simple, you dig deep
And I will run the ten!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Knight said...

Hey Matt, i'm really pleased you put your poem on. Its a great inspiration to us all. Have fun in Paris Sarah x

Activity Wales Events said...

thanks! x